6th October 2020
Protect factory workers with ground-breaking virus-killing air-purification system
As the number of Covid-19 cases continues to rise in the UK, latest Government advice suggests people should work from home wherever possible.
For factory workers, that is not an option, and with outbreaks of Covid-19 disrupting production facilities at some manufacturing plants in recent months, (at the end of August the Food Standards Agency was monitoring 40 outbreaks of coronavirus at food plants in England), businesses need a solution to protect staff and operate as normal.
Clenzair’s ground-breaking air purification system neutralises 99% of viruses and bacteria in the air and on all surfaces, creating a continuously, safe and sanitised environment 24/7. It is particularly effective in meat processing plants, where the technology was originally developed.
The system uses a patented advanced type of oxidation technology, using a Photohydroionisation Cell (PHI) to remove airborne pollutants from the air, as well as neutralising those that have settled on surfaces, 24 hours a day.
The PHI technology is a nonthermal process which does not require the use of water nor leave any residual by-product. It has been tried and tested in numerous meat processing businesses across the USA where it has been proven to be effective in reducing microorganisms on food surfaces.
Both AO (Advanced oxidation – PHI) and UV light have been used independently by the food processing industry for many years. However, the effectiveness of UV light is limited, as it is not able to contact all surfaces when there are folds or cuts in the meat that can hide bacteria. This issue is eliminated when combined with AO technology; the combination of these two natural disinfectants creates an environment that is effective in reducing microorganisms on food surfaces.
Luke Harris, CEO of Clenzair, explained: “In recent months, a number of food processing plants have had to send staff home and even suspend production due to an outbreak of Covid-19 cases, despite best efforts to sanitise facilities and enforce social distancing rules.
“Our technology-advanced air purification system offers an alternative to antimicrobial intervention, and can help businesses protect staff and operate normally, despite the rise in Coronavirus cases that the UK is now experiencing. As it uses no heat or water, it can be integrated as an effective processing aid to help enhance the safety of meat products without impairing the colour or creating lipid oxidation ‘off-flavour’ issues.”
 The PHI technology was effective in controlling non-O157 STEC, E. coli O157:H7 and Salmonella contaminated on surface of fresh beef, when exposed to PHI for 15 to 60 seconds
Further benefits are that Clenzair is ‘active’, whereas all other air purification systems are ‘passive’. For a passive system to kill a virus, it has to pull it through the air, crossing paths with people and objects before it can pass it through a filter where it may be removed. An ‘active’ system kills viruses suspended in the air or settled on surfaces anywhere in the room.
Unlike fogging, no harmful chemicals are used. The process produces hydroperoxides – otherwise known as Mother Nature’s enviro-friendly cleaning agent, as they make the air smell fresh and clean after a thunderstorm. That means it can be used constantly while people are present. No other product on the market can do this.
The system is also simple to install, maintenance free and incredibly low-cost to run.
Luke added: “This technology is game-changer for all businesses that have been impacted by the current pandemic, particularly meat processing plants and other manufacturing businesses.”
For further information contact:
Bradley Watkins, Clenzair T: 01480 831010
- Clenzair is an air purification and odour control system which significantly improves indoor air quality (IAQ) reducing viruses, bacteria, gases, VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), mould and odour by up to 99% whilst its advanced atmosphere oxidisation technology gives indoor environments fresh, clean and odour free air.
- Clenzair uses breakthrough technology evidenced by the outstanding test results across the entire range of microbes
- Research has found this type of air purification system to be effective in neutralising the smallest particles of bacteria and other contaminants, which could include everything from the common cold to MRSA, Norwalk Virus, Streptococcus, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Candida Albicans, and SARS.
- The active in-venue PHI fans rely on a complex chain of chemical reactions that ultimately lead to the production of ‘cleansing’ ions.
- The small, discreet units are simple to install, with no ducting required and no ongoing maintenance needed. Running costs amount to less than £25 per annum per unit, making Clenzair ideal for any type of business.
 Research information can be found here https://www.clenzair.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Clenzair-PureAir-Supporting-Test-Data.pdf